Thursday, 2 October 2014

Yum Yum Yum...Andy Warhol


 Yum Yum Yum A Book Of Poems by Andy Warhol





OULIP N + 7 + ~                                     After he saw the bill
                                                                                  he stopped
                                                                                  making fun
                                                                                  of the meal


                                                            After he saw the billow
                                                                                   he stopped
                                                                                   making fundus
                                                                                   of the measles
                                                                                  
                                                                                 
 



 
 When I see

                  cold shekelfish
like shags
and clods

that says to me that
somebody really went
all out


7 comments:

  1. Did Andy Warhol really write such a poem? Anyway, very clever punning on his original!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch .. a fundus made of measles sounds really like something I would prefer not to have... good that he stopped making them

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love this. Warhol was such a character in his own right--for me, a person intensly fascinating--what a great choice to begin with him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think my favorite part of reading all these n+7's is the new words I learn. An enjoyable read, both the original and the revamped piece.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Liked them both - this made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so funny! I love your choice of original poems.

    ReplyDelete