Monday, 27 October 2014

War Of The Sexes


dverse
Triquaine based on the movie " Gone Girl"

                                         perfect pair
                               gorgeous looking couple
                       successful talented young writers
                   living a diurnal war of  power struggle
                      a modern marriage of two lost souls
                                depiction of despair
                                         frustration

                                         how many
                             i wonder squirmed in seats
                    who would know- nobody tells the truth
                    who knows what binds couples together
                           what goes on behind doors
                                       closed shut tight
                                        


11 comments:

  1. Ha ha, I saw this movie a couple of weeks ago. A very suspenseful movie. Indeed we never know goes on behind doors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true! I don't think we can ever know what goes on out of the sight of others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just saw this movie last weekend - such a roller coaster! Happy you took this prompt to the war of the sexes - and one never knows what goes on in other peoples relationships!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apart from being a good thriller I thought the relationship between the two protagonists was interesting...how they seemed bound together in spite of all the horror they inflicted on each other. Disturbing movie but worth seeing I think !

      Delete
  4. ok now I want to see the film ~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool response to the prompt - the under-the-rug wars we dont think about, that go on behind so many closed doors. I cant wait to see that movie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have not seen the movie yet but thought of the War of the Roses with Michael Douglas and Kathleen Turner...another version of the war of the sexes..I like your take on the prompt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. again it's revealed to us there are many types of war... domestic being the one closest to home... nice write

    ReplyDelete
  8. Behind closed doors and hidden hearts, the truth of a couple's love is a mystery.

    ReplyDelete
  9. yeah, i alwasy lookin at married couples and wonder what's really going on and why they bother to stay together.

    Born to Strife and Contention

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes! I have to go see this movie.....and there are so many stories...you just never know.

    ReplyDelete