Tuesday, 23 July 2019

Carpe Diem Haiku Kai # 1709






the cows huddle
under a solitary tree
desperate for shade

the cows huddle
the scorch of the ferocious sun
burns their thick hides

under a solitary tree
the cows compete for shade
mans inhumanity

desperate for shade
the dogs crawl under the ute
to keep cool


5 comments:

  1. I often see cows in fields while driving from the city out to the rural areas. I think they're dairy cows. They're much happier than the cows in the feedlot down the road to the west, which I think are beef cattle. Not much shade for either set of cows out on the prairie, but at least the ones in the open field have a wide space to roam and munch the grass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whether it's extreme heat or cold, I hate to see animals suffer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since they clear all the trees, farmers have a responsibility to erect shelter for cows . The cost is cheap. In some countries they are fined heavily if they are reported.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cows are intelligent and naturally go for shade and/or water as needed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Paddocks are fenced...if no trees no shade...nowhere to go.

    ReplyDelete