Wednesday, 23 April 2014

Happy Birthday Will



A Cento For Will

Day 26

come hither
and be you blythe and bonny
make me a willow cabin at your gate
under the greenwood tree
not a mouse shall disturb this hallowed house
 i know a bank whereon the wild thyme blows
with sweet musk roses
trip no further pretty sweeting
journeys end in lovers' meeting
i must go seek some dew drops here
and hang a pearl in every cowslip's ear
come kiss me 
love's not with the eyes but with the mind







2 comments:

  1. This feels aptly Shakespearean to me. Also coyly sensual. I love the way it sounds when spoken.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you like this . They are all Shakespeare's words ( lines from different plays)

    I love the Shakespearean sound. If I were not so technically challenged I would l have made a recording of this one.

    ReplyDelete