
dverse
one drink too many
could have her romping
amongst the gin blooms
her loose lips could sink a few ships
oh the stories she could tell

because of tropical visions
she took a brain scan
the doctor said
your cerebellum is burgeoning with beauty
someone should paint it

in her yellow alice band
she waltzed through the flowers
a tropical vision
in a billowing black taffeta skirt
under the watchful eye of red parrot
squawk...i told you
never touch a bottle that says "drink me"
Lovely, and witty, and clever! Loved these!
ReplyDeleteha. yes that might be good advice...
ReplyDeleteand oh the stories she could tell, just makes me want to ask her you know
lets sink some ships...ha. fun pieces cressida
She is quite a character & I like how you used all the 3 pictures to give her a "tropical vision", ha ~
ReplyDeleteThanks for participating and wishing you Happy Week ~
I laughed at the cerebellum poem - laughter is a good thing to bring into the world.
ReplyDeleteAh...Then my stay on this planet has been not in vain:)
Deletehaha... fun piece.... sometimes strange things happen when one drinks too much...ha... those stories can be interesting
ReplyDeleteVery cool, although maybe it's time for a career change for the doctor! :)
ReplyDeleteI love all of this. I especially love the idea of "gin blooms".
ReplyDeletevery clever... I dug how u used the paintings' titles as well... nice
ReplyDeleteOh the use of the painting's titles are skillfully weaved into the story... but I guess there is a lesson for all...
ReplyDeleteHow lovely to get Alice in Wonderland and and Helen of Troy and I know what else in the story these illustrations tell. She got drunk on external instructions, but still had exquisite beauty at core.
ReplyDeleteThe first stanza is what really got me... *smile* Yes, I know that's not so 'high-brow' but... I thought this was really a readable write, very nicely written!
ReplyDeleteNothing wrong with " High-brow" Why be fearful and shut the door on magnificent experiences which will see you through the battle of life when just about everything else will let you down.
ReplyDeletethe last is my fave ~
ReplyDelete