2 4 6 8 10
8 6 4 2
Day 12
silver
ornate bracelet
lying on the dresser
your favourite i wonder why
you bought it as a young girl in china
i did not believe you would die
i wear it all the time
this carved weight of
silver
never
did i expect
to be wearing it so
soon this heavy exotic chain
which never leaves my wrist for a minute
still wanting to keep you alive
i will never forget
never forget
never
oy, you imbued a lot of feeling in this...def the loss
ReplyDeleteand wanting to hold onto them...feeling them near
in just wearing it...what is the design...i see flowers
and is it people?
What a lovely silver ~ I can imagine the weight on the wrist & wanting to keep the memory alive ~ Lovely work on the form too ~
ReplyDeleteSuch a treasure, all the more so for her being gone. Very poignant, Cressida.
ReplyDeleteI feel this so deeply. I wear my Mother's wedding ring every day and I just love the way it makes me feel.
ReplyDeleteWhat a special bracelet this is! And how meaningful it must be for you. In a way I am sure that by wearing it she is kept alive in a way. A nice memory indeed.
ReplyDeleteSo precious. I had a bracelet too, given to me by someone special, but when they died, I went looking for it and could not find it.
ReplyDeleteMy favorite part is the way you end the poem. The words "never forget, never forget, never" have weight, much like the weight of the bracelet on your arm.
ReplyDeletea talisman - and lovely poem, if you ever pass this treasure on, you should include this poem.
ReplyDeleteSuch a precious memory.. Never forget, never wanted to wear it so soon.
ReplyDeletePoignant poem....had a locket once with tiny photos inside that I treasured...it was stolen...but it meant so much that she wore it a long time ago....nothing can replace it but I still can picture it in my mind.
ReplyDeleteThe weight of the silver and the memories - a constant reminder. Well done. Powerfully written in few but so beautifully chosen words.
ReplyDeleteThis echoes - the lines about not expecting to wear it so soon, and not believing that death would come. Things like this reverberate, a constant reminder that the person you love is gone. And it still doesn't seem quite believable, does it?
ReplyDeleteA cherished touchstone to loved ones no longer among us. Your words are deeply felt.
ReplyDeleteA beautiful thing still resounding with the vibrations of a loved one no longer here. So poignant.
ReplyDelete