Friday, 25 April 2014

Anaphora

Day 27

when it's all too hard
crawl into bed
pull the covers over you head

when it's all too hard
immerse yourself in a hot
bubble bath by candle light

when it's all too hard
try to sleep to the soft notes
of a ginger puss purring


when it's still  too hard
pick up a phone 
you will feel better
when you hear his voice


16 comments:

  1. yes - a hotl bubble bath or hearing a friendly voice.. both helps...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the suggestions, specially the hot bubble tub ~ Put in a massage before that and my night is perfect :-) ~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I needed these suggestions this morning....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I visit here for my Sunday morning smile and your your wonderful pics and wit :-)
    ZQ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Thank you. Polly will now put the kettle on for our tea:)

      Delete
  5. Ahh but the never ever put the ginger cat in the bath :-)

    Love your words here.. and those picture goes so well with the words

    ReplyDelete
  6. there are def those voices that will calm the storm...i love a good hot bath as well...or a long walk in the woods....

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh yes..they will help specially his voice... :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. all those things sound nice.. we should know how to take care of ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good good advice. I like the ginger kitty the best.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The only problem (for me) with the way the poem ends is...I hate phones! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. should have picked up the phone earlier. :)
    loved the witty snapshots

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautifully penned on a topic that hits me straight in the heart (apart from the 'call him' stanza). Wonderful poem full of great advice!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sometimes the sound of someone's voice makes all the difference!

    ReplyDelete