one magnolia
landed on another
in the wet - dew grass
granted not earth shattering news
i need to get out more often
I am nobody
A red sinking sun
Took my name away
I wish it wrote down my address
I cannot find that either
Keep straight down this block
Then turn right where you will find
A peach tree blooming
sing some gilbert and sullivan
then wait for the police sirens
Make up your mind, Snail !
You are half inside your house,
And half way out !
the beetles and caterpillars
will move in uninvited
All right, You Sparrows;
The sun has set and you can now
Stop your chattering!
the parrots are complaining and
the trees need their beauty sleep
You moths must leave now;
I am turning out the light
And going to sleep
please collect all your dead rels
on the window ledge by morning
Richard Wright (1908 - 1960 )

Richard Wright (1908-1960) is the author of “Native Son,” and “Black Boy” and a poet. During the last eighteen months of his life, he discovered haiku and began writing his own – in all, over 4,000 haiku. Our challenge is to create a renga with Richard Wright from six given haiku.
Very interesting shifts, all unexpected. Enjoyed your Tan Renga
ReplyDeleteI posted late, mine is HERE
much love
I love the humour in your responses.
ReplyDeleteI love Richard Wright's haiku, and I also love how you've woven yourself in and out his poems. Nice going!
ReplyDeleteI had to read this over a few times. Enjoyed the different images you brought together.
ReplyDeleteI love your renga! Very lively and they made me smile.
ReplyDeleteHappy Sunday Cressida
ReplyDeleteMuch🎶🖤🎶love
Enjoyed these very much, the shifting scenes and sprightly rhythm were like a dance.
ReplyDeleteWhat a delight both the Richard Wright's Haiku and your Renga were; capped off of course with Gilbert and Sullivan's Mikado. Your posts are always so entertaining.
ReplyDeleteEnjoyed these.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing
I read this a couple of times as I found the conversation intriguing.
ReplyDelete