Wednesday, 20 April 2016

NaPoWriMo

 

Day 20

 Kennings

 

the sky jewel sets behinds the mountains
the breaker of trees whips aegir's daughters
into a frenzy
the sea steed slices through the whale road
like a sharp knife through butter
the troll basher roaring is flexing his muscles again


Day 21 

Snow White and The Seven Dwarves

 

grumpy was not happy
about the sleeping arrangements
the cigarette smoking
the guns under the bed
his red hat
dopey's nocturnal
windy emissions
he wanted to leave
this fairy tale
once and for all



 Day 22 
l

it is so beautiful this earth of ours
i love living here
i don't want to go to the moon
or any other planet

when i die
i will miss it
where i go
i hope it will be
just like earth

some say i am off the planet
not true -  i am very much on it
and looking after it

earthlings get a lot of things wrong

11 comments:

  1. Your kenning-skills are strong! I especially like sky jewel. Sounds like you're describing a sea squall at sunset... love this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for playing along with the TW/FT prompt! I really love this little snippet - it speaks volumes and is a wonderful expansion of the character. The words and phrases are so effective and the image is the icing on the cake! And I have to admit, the curiosity of "the guns under the bed" - what an idea!
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor grumpy one thinks no matter where he went he's still be grumpy but away from nocturnal emissions could only be an improvement.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Day 21 - I'll never be able to look at Dopey the same way again. Especially not after I go bleach my eyeballs. Hilarious take on why Grumpy is grumpy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Day 22 - a fitting tribute to Earth Day. I like the vagueness... the mystery of who is speaking... an alien? a spirit? A mermaid? Love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny you should say that .....a lot of people think I am an alien:

      Delete
  6. This is lovely Cressida :D I agree, you are fabulous when it comes to kennings. Thank you so much for participating at Prompt Nights.

    Lots of love,
    Sanaa

    PS: I fixed your link :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely selection - the cigarettes in the dwarves bed made me laugh - and when you think..yes it would be sad if heaven wasn't all the best things on earth...

    ReplyDelete