
Day One
we did dive in
giving no thought
to the depth
swimming in bliss
a water ballet de deux
magical
so elated
we forgot to breathe
and then
you drowned
i can swim
Day 2
i overwhelmed you
with a tsunami of love
you complained about
getting wet
Day 3
you know who you are
i'm a fan of your talent
but
i'm a bigger fan
of your loveliness
your kind words
your friendship
your humour
your white hot passion
which miraculously
heals
my fragile heart
recently
shredded and pummelled
against the rocks
by the storm

Day 4
it was a little crazy
a small tornado
with two casualties
just hope
that sinking feeling
of a rock plummeting
to the depths of
the ocean floor
will disappear soon
Day 5
atropa bella donna
a small sprig
of deadly nightshade
a thing of beauty
so alluring
so intoxicating
so lethal
your signature plant
Day 6

croquembouche
i love these
if i ate a whole one
i would need to swim
to the cook islands
to work off the weight
i'm considering it
Day 7
sweet little lies
they were magnificent
an art form
beautiful butterflies
that would dance in your head
all day long
a euphoric blissful
walk through the clouds
the guy was a genius
a twisted one
Day 8

he sailed away
from his home in the bay
12000 miles across the sea
to the call of the siren
who kept on firin'
instructions
do this do that
and oh puleese
one hour out of port
he was struck with a thought
that miss boots
might be slightly askew
so he turned the boat round
returned homeward bound
and said blimey
close call oh phew
As a former sailor, I love the sea. And I love both of these. I would never complain...
ReplyDeleteGlad you're participating in NaPoWriMo. :)
Smiles!. NaPoWriMo is our annual rendez - vous:)
ReplyDeleteI wish our rendez-vous were more frequent, but I enjoy them all the same.
DeleteKeeping NaPoWriMo under one post, eh? I like it! I hope day 4 wasn't a confessional work, but I'm sending you hugs anyway.
Day 3 sounds like the fan prompt. Whoever you're describing sounds like a wonderful person. I hope they know how lucky they are to have you as a fan. :)
Thank you for those hugs darling.Sadly Day 4 is a recent catastrophe.
ReplyDeleteSo your libido wearing a tuxedo needs to step out with my libido wearing a black sequined dress for an evening of sipping cocktails,generally behaving disgracefully , with some dancing on a beach to cheer me up:)
I had to Google nightshade. Lethal if eaten, eh? You sweet-talker! I love your words.
ReplyDelete