Wednesday, 8 April 2015

The Flying Piano Accordion



 DAY 8

she keeps driving
very tense
no option

you are always on her tail
making flimsy excuses
for your speed addiction hunger

if she stops
collision inevitable
you - wont feel a thing


she  however
will be transformed
into a flying piano accordion

Day 9

Infidelity




in love with text
careful
ink stains on shirt
not as incriminating
as lipstick
still
a kind of infidelity



Day 10

How Terrible



how terrible
to think
that if a cop
approaches you
you could be dead
in seconds
if you are a black man
in america
please take care
lovely person

Day 11 

Pink Moon



 northern spring is here
 april is the cruellest month
 pink moon flushed with desire


Day 12 

For All Those Who Are Suffering



when all the doors
are slammed in your face

when you are despised and rejected
when your heart is a pile of broken glass

when you are persecuted and exploited
treated with contempt and cruelty

when you find yourself alone
with no one to turn to

an angel will take your hand
and lift you gently on to his wings
take you for a ride in the clouds
to the mansions of the Lord
and remind you

you are loved by a force
greater than man no matter what
they do to you

6 comments:

  1. I wouldn't want to be squashed by a truck however the image of an angel like a flying piano accordion made me smile - just a little!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A flying accordion - a very interesting image. I think I'd be a flying saxophone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharp and intelligent, a winning combination.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah... yet the truck is not literally a truck. This shares SO MUCH truth.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I laughed at the accordion line, in spite of myself. Curse my black heart and dark humor!

    I too fall in love with text... and witty correspondence, pretty women who speak French, and whatnot...

    I'm doing the best I can with the whole being black in America thing, but it's disheartening to see so many like me casually taken out. Thank you for thinking about us. You're one of my favorite poets. It makes my heart glad that you're thinking about us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your black heart and dark humour is a gift we all appreciate....I liked the accordian line too:)

      Delete