Wednesday, 8 April 2015

Poem A Day



 
DAY 7

Love Her Way


chained to a kitchen sink
daydreaming
the lonely domestic goddess
knows that one day
her shining knight
will come for her

he -
armed with tea towels and oven mits
a brilliant sense of mad humour
great cookery and literary skills
genius at car and house maintenance
and most importantly
can strum her guitar so beautifully
that every day is a gift of sunflowers
will appear magically at her door
to join her in a life of domestic drudgery

the domestic goddess
is drowning in soap suds
waiting for sunflowers


Mary Leunig 



7 comments:

  1. Brilliant! I love the humor -- and have felt the frustration too.
    [applauding]

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! As long as the guitar is strummed right and regular, all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very clever. Love the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweetly done and wonderfully humorous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am chained to that same sink it feels like sometimes.....such a witty and fun write! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want some of that dish soap that she's using!

    ReplyDelete