Friday, 15 April 2022

NaPoWriMo Day 16 - 22

Cinquain

 

 you said

 think about me 

sometimes now and again

 you know i think about you more

 than that

 

 

 EASTER SUNDAY DAY 17 

 

 


 

wonderful people

this gave me hope

i am so proud of them

 today

HE IS  RISEN 

today

is a day of joy


DAY !8 

 


 my marmalade boy

kneads me like a giant pin cushion

sleeps diagonally across the bed

snores

does not help with household chores

contributes nothing financially

refuses to eat canned food

unless its expensive gourmet

yet marmalade boy

is the most beautiful  best cuddle cat in the world

he loves me

 he loves my poems 

and how do i know

he told me so


  DAY !9

driving up to palm beach

for the weekend

 toby our big black lab in the back seat

 roof rolled back in the fiat 500

his ears flapping in the breeze

smiling at all the other drivers 

wonderful memories

a different time

a freer time 

in a better world




DAY 20

 


 yesterday

i was shown kindness 

a nice shop

assistant 

carried a parcel for me

i'm unused to this

 

the good feeling

 is still lingering

it's so rare

like good manners


 DAY 21

 THE WHIRLIGIG # 367

THIS WEEK'S WORDS come from "Imperfect" by Michael Simms: tongue, imperfect, happen, walk, trees, used, happy, short, despair, made, more, among

 

 we used to be happy

walking among the trees

in the rain forest

but it was short lived 

your spiteful tongue 

made life a misery

it began to happen 

more and more

leading to despair 

less than perfect very imperfect relationship 

 

DAY 22

 

Titian....Man in a Quilted Sleeve....National Gallery London


i used to visit him

several times a week

when i first lived there

during those very lonely times

decades ago

 

been back since 

still gorgeous and

hasn't aged a bit




 


 OPEN LINK WEEKEND # 115


15 comments:

  1. What a very enjoyable week you've encapsulated here! I like that song. I saw that movie and thought it was terrific; loved reminiscing through it with the actors here. I agree the man in the Gallery is gorgeous. And all throughout, your pithy words conveyed so much. Thank you! And it probably won't surprise you that the marmalade boy is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you...I enjoyed writing them

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are wonderful. Love the structure. The one about marmalade boy left me smiling, the one about the spiteful person made me sigh (with understanding), the shopkeeper's action give me hope. Thank goodness for hope, and for art that never lets us down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We once had a beautiful cat like Marmalade, her name was Topaz. That was a long time ago but still I remember her. I enjoyed all your post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Roberta Flack and THAT song ... have always loved, so inspirational (if you get my drift.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice writes!! I didn't know you were doing NaPoWriMo 2022. I am also, since 2015 now, my name there is Jim1Jim1. Do you have an alias, I hadn't been seeing you there.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous Marmalade Boy!🧡

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cats can indeed be picky about their food. A lovely week of poetry.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Marmalde Boy made me giggle as I too have an animal companion with decided opinions and preferences. My corgi demands an entourage when he goes walking.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I especially love "marmalade boy"!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Our Molly the Cat is like your marmalade boy. :-) Kindness from a stranger is such a wonderful thing. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I especially like that marmelade boy Poem and picture are delicious

    ReplyDelete
  13. heheh, Marmalade boy likes your poems.
    So do we!

    Thank you for these delightful poems

    ReplyDelete
  14. "and how do i know
    he told me so"
    Magical words there

    ReplyDelete