Friday, 1 April 2022

NaPoWriMo 2022 DAYS 1 - 7

 


DAY ONE

A Story About the Body
by Robert Hass

The young composer, working that summer at an artist's colony, had watched her for a week. She was Japanese, a painter, almost sixty, and he thought he was in love with her. He loved her work, and her work was like the way she moved her body, used her hands, looked at him directly when she made amused and considered answers to his questions. One night, walking back from a concert, they came to her door and she turned to him and said, "I think you would like to have me. I would like that too, but I must tell you that I have had a double mastectomy," and when he didn't understand, "I've lost both my breasts." The radiance that he had carried around in his belly and chest cavity—like music—withered very quickly, and he made himself look at her when he said, "I'm sorry. I don't think I could." He walked back to his own cabin through the pines, and in the morning he found a small blue bowl on the porch outside his door. It looked to be full of rose petals, but he found when he picked it up that the rose petals were on top; the rest of the bowl—she must have swept them from the corners of her studio—was full of dead bees.

 

stylish japanese  lady tells

young composer to get stuffed

ever so nicely 


 DAY 2

if aprosexia 

was at all connected

to having sex with

someone wearing an apron

i guarantee

concentration levels

would improve 100%

particularly in the male

of the species


aprosexia is an inability to focus attention

 

DAY 3

today's prompt

glosa is not a nail varnish

it is a spanish poetic form

which is best attempted

after drinking numerous glasses of sangria

on a hot summers day

buena suerte

 DAY 4

write a  marriage poem in shadorma form

 

they do know

they are truly blessed

a rare thing

still playing

after 70 short  years 

together always

 

 

 

 

DAY 5 

 I’d like to challenge you to write a poem about a mythical person or creature doing something unusual – or at least something that seems unusual 

 

 


 

i suppose it's unusual

for a creature

to bomb maternity hospitals

to mass murder old people

women and children

i suppose it's unusual

to invade and destroy an entire country

without provocation and start a war

i suppose it's unusual

to cause endless suffering without consequence

i suppose it's unusual

this vile creature is still functioning 

i suppose it's unusual that we look on

watch the slaughter without intervening 

 


DAY  6.....Acrostic....SANDALS

Shall i compare thee to a summers day
Absolutely
Not
Delightful Dennis has better
Avian
Legs   
Shakespeare?...not sure about his

DAY 7 

 

Fibonacci Form

it
starts
so well
so often
then just falls apart
after the first flush of romance
so why does this always happen
it's probably  me
maybe not
oh well
tant
pis

 

 



 

5 comments:

  1. Bravo!!! You are doing such good writings (and fun ones too)

    Much💜love

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are wonderful!!! #6 has to be my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great going!
    Thank you for the treat.
    i am tempted to write a fibonacci poem. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice words.
    All are introspective ones

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all wonderful, Cressida! Day 5 hits the nail on the head. I am still laughing from that photo-priceless.

    ReplyDelete