Friday, 8 April 2022

NaPoWriMo 2022 Day 8 - 14


Day 8


 the walls of her room

were her world

she brought her stories

with her

breathed life into them

wrote more than ever

he said he would give her

 what was left over

after he had paid off his debts

slipped little gifts sometimes

under her pillow

 

 

Willy, Collette's husband would lock her in her room for four hours per day until she had finished the Claudine series

The Whirligig.....THIS WEEK'S WORDS come from "Gifts" by Kirk Wilson: room, walls, world, pay, say, brought, breathe, stories, slipped, gifts, left, more

 Day 9

Nonet Form

there was a dashing hungarian

not at all antiquarian   

fixes troublesome computers

and  rides an old scooter

keeps fit at the gym

taut and tres trim

a top bloke

all round 

champ

 

Day 10

i smile

at your comforting words
 
when you tell me to keep warm
 
that i have a place in your heart
 
that you care about me
 
and at the moment
 
this means more to me
 
than the bright blue sky
 
the white horses galloping across the sea
 
my beloved rock pools
 
even chocolate sponge cake
 
 
 
 
Day 11


big skies
big land
big pineapple
 
 

 
big prawn
big watermelon
 
 
 

 
big sheep
big hearts 





but nothing can top
the big mouth
larrikin laconic humour
down under




Day 12

 
 
 

 

Manet masterpiece given 'MISOGYNY' alert over 'male gaze': London's Courtauld Gallery puts 'woke' warning beneath 1882 piece A Bar at the Folies-Bergère... due to barmaid's 'unsettling' expression about man shown in mirror

  • The London gallery reviewed its labelling as part of a £57million refurbishment
  • Édouard Manet's 1882 work A Bar at the Folies-Bergère was reappraised
  • Work depicts a barmaid staring at the viewer and a male customer seen in mirror
  • New information panel says subject's expression is 'unsettling, especially as she appears to be interacting with a male customer'


it's official

the world has gone

completely insane


 
 
 

Day 13

Monet ...Fifty years ago Americans donated 7 million dollars to restore Monet's house and garden. Thank you.

 

he said his garden

was his greatest achievement

not bad paintings either





 Day 14

 

 

The Last Supper.....Leonardo Da Vinci

 

 

maundy thursday

tomorrow looming large

a day of terrible sadness

 

 

 





12 comments:

  1. Wow, I did not know that about Collette. Talk about writing under pressure. I would rebel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These were fun, entertaining and educational, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very enjoyable mixed bag! Good on you for doing the April poem a day thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see you used the phrase "good on you" here. My father used to use that and I've never known anyone else to use it. It was like a little warm message from him tucked into your comment, Rosemary. Thank you!

      Delete
  4. I know I've had the same expression as the barmaid when someone tried their nonsense on me. I hadn't know that about Collette either. That's tragic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some nice ones.
    Stay creative

    Much💜love

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoyable and informative. I loved learning as I read!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a lovely series. Good for you, doing the April challenge. This year I am not up to it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice little nuggets to enjoy here

    ReplyDelete
  9. I never tire of dropping in ... Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these (and learning new things, too) and you are right "It's official the world has gone completely insane."

    ReplyDelete