Monday, 27 May 2019

Portrait


Titian

a lifetime ago
i used to visit  you a lot
you were
the best part of my day
in that bleak wonderful city

i've looked for you
in many other places
over the years but
you have never crossed my path
i don't expect to anymore

you are still special to me
my pale beauty
in your quilted blue
with your finely sculpted aquiline nose

i remember you
i still miss you
and
i would like see you once more

6 comments:

  1. Hi, I enjoyed reading your poem! These lines ..."the best part of my day
    in that bleak wonderful city"...just beautiful.
    - Jui Positive Cookies

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh...a fellow art lover! One can truly fall in love with a painting, or a particular artist. I can spend hours...days..inside a museum. Your appreciation for the finer things shines through!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is incredibly stunning!!❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is intriguing. Smiles. I covet his quilted jacket!

    ReplyDelete