Friday, 8 June 2018

Betrayal

The video footage was grainy but Taylor recognised them immediately

she was genuinely shocked
they say one always knows
or senses betrayal
she did not

if he buys new underwear
that's a sign
her girlfriends said
but he had not

they also said
husbands always
stray with younger women
not in this case

for some reason
she believed this would never happen to her
george was so  solid and serious
his only passion being classic cars

in the throes of george the accountant's  version of lovemaking
he declared that he would never swap her ever
not even for an S1 Bentley Continental Fastback




First Line Friday
 MLMM





12 comments:

  1. This is a familiar story, told so well. I have to smile at the old car references.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL ...the perils of fraternising with car enthusiasts

    ReplyDelete
  3. better the old classic car, far easier to compete with. I enjoyed your poem very much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup! Still convinced you are creatively crazy... : )
    Knowing you, I started smiling the moment I read the first line.
    ZQ

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sigh.. sometimes we believe in someone so blindly that we refuse to see their darker ..more dangerous side. Beautifully executed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Sherry, an age old story...exposing human weakness. A good write!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am sure many wives would be pleased in his passion for cars rather than his secretary in the office. She should show enthusiasm for cars too but not expect him to join in the crochet club with her!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Classic tale. Cleverly poem-ed

    Much♥️love

    ReplyDelete