Great combination of music & poem. I find myself wanting to make excuses for the girl in the queue--I am the world's worst at being social when out. :)
Oh the heartache of realizing you are not noticed or remembered.....but maybe he was just a good actor not wanting to show his feelings. A favorite song as I adore Debussy!
This is painful and made me gulp. Awful to find that though you remembered her she apparently had no recognition or remembrance of you. This image will stick with me a while.
This happened to me in the late '60's I saw a face I recognised in Adelaide. We'd gone to school together in England the late 1940's. I went over and we had a chat but made no arrangements to ever meet again...for we had nothing in common.
Your poem started so gently nostalgic, with the evocative lines: 'spinning me back to student days lazy summer days in our shared terraced house'
and the ending comes as a shock with 'you looked through me like a pane of glass
you had no idea who i was i had left no imprint on your page'.
I think that has happened to me twice and left me with such a bitter feeling, I really don't want to experience it again. You've created that feeling so well in this poem!
Oh that is hard. Though wheni get deep in thought i dont see those around me. That may be what happened here too.
ReplyDeleteGreat combination of music & poem. I find myself wanting to make excuses for the girl in the queue--I am the world's worst at being social when out. :)
ReplyDeletethat can be a hard feeling to take. All one xan do is move on
ReplyDeleteVery telling write, Cressida - you really nail this and so wistfully and poetically too - Lovely...
ReplyDeleteOh the heartache of realizing you are not noticed or remembered.....but maybe he was just a good actor not wanting to show his feelings. A favorite song as I adore Debussy!
ReplyDeleteDonna@LivingFromHappiness
How very disconcerting! But sounds like you're in a good place anyway.
ReplyDeleteThis is painful and made me gulp. Awful to find that though you remembered her she apparently had no recognition or remembrance of you. This image will stick with me a while.
ReplyDeleteThose last two lines are the reason I have resisted going to my high school reunion!
ReplyDeleteThis happened to me in the late '60's I saw a face I recognised in Adelaide. We'd gone to school together in England the late 1940's. I went over and we had a chat but made no arrangements to ever meet again...for we had nothing in common.
ReplyDeleteYour poem started so gently nostalgic, with the evocative lines:
ReplyDelete'spinning me back
to student days
lazy summer days
in our shared terraced house'
and the ending comes as a shock with
'you looked through me
like a pane of glass
you had no idea who i was
i had left no imprint on your page'.
I think that has happened to me twice and left me with such a bitter feeling, I really don't want to experience it again. You've created that feeling so well in this poem!
Painful and left me sad.
ReplyDelete