
she sat alone
in the church
looking dignified and lovely
in pistachio green
the sole representative of her daughter's family
at least the rain stayed away
in a few days she would be back home
drinking real coffee reading the newspaper
smiling pinching herself
Poets United...Midweek Motif
Dverse
I noticed that too! I was so concerned about her that I ignored the rest of the congregation. What a lovely woman and an original take on the prompt!
ReplyDeleteThis is a brilliant response to the prompt, Cressida!💜 Kudos.
ReplyDeleteA lovely tribute to the bride’s mother. I wouldn’t be surprised if she pinches herself occasionally. Her daughter is living such a life!
ReplyDeleteYou've captured this scene perfectly!
ReplyDeleteI like this take on the prompt as well. Nicely written.
ReplyDeleteAn endearing tribute...
ReplyDeleteWouldn't she..just? She struck such a graceful figure. The emotion in her eyes..... we all felt it.
ReplyDeleteYou knocked this one out of the park, Cressida!
I liked this one...the Mother of the Bride has a role to play.
ReplyDeleteYes, she was serenity herself. You've sketched her beautifully.
ReplyDeleteThere is a sense of isolation in being the sole representative from one's family present.
ReplyDeleteYes indeed! she deserves this tribute
ReplyDeletemuch love...
I felt her sitting alone, too. I hope she chose that, as a time to sit in herself and glow. I hope she was not lonely. She deserves tribute!
ReplyDeleteI was moved by her dignity and grace as well. Not every mother gets to see her daughter grow up to be a princess. I love this poem, and love the photo.
ReplyDeleteWhat a nice tribute to someone who humbly, joyously accepted her role.
ReplyDeleteWho could not have shared her pride that her daughter was now a member of the British royal family. You can see were Meghan got her looks from. What a really beautiful poem.
ReplyDeleteI love that you paid tribute to her. The photo is stunning. So much can be read in her expression.
ReplyDelete