
Sunday Writing... MLMM
paddling with my sweetheart in 1954
back then this considered good fun
but in 2018 not any more
instead
one could be glued to a cell phone
watching movies texting scorn
hacking into facebook
or getting kicks from porn
there's little room
for simple romance kindness or compassion
in our advanced technological world
no more cruising down the river
with a cute old fashioned girl
>
I miss those old fashioned values too. (I'll be paddlin' Madeline home...see ya!)
ReplyDeleteGosh this one tugs at my heart.. I too prefer romance the good old fashioned way 💜💜
ReplyDeleteHi Cressida. I think this might have been the poem you intended to link to the Toads. The link you posted goes to an error page on your blog. You may want to fix it.
ReplyDeleteI'm a sucker for old fashioned romance too.
Thank you Rommy for bringing it to my attention.
DeleteIt did seem there was more romance back then. Now everyone is, as you say, too plugged in. I'd still love a paddle down a river. Am contemplating taking a First Nations canoe tour across the harbour to walk the Tall Tree Trail this summer, while I still can.
ReplyDeletei miss those times too...
ReplyDeleteAnna :o]