Friday, 14 November 2014

Still Life In A Messy Kitchen



veg strainers and saucepans
tea cups and saucers drying
between basil and parsley herb pots
wine glasses  turkish delight
chinese fan checkered t towels
champagne bottle
colour and chaos
coffee  and carnations
crumpled napkins and corks
would the dutch masters have been inspired
who knows






 colour and chaos a visual feast

11 comments:

  1. I'll bet they would be. I was, as I pictures all the glorious images! Cool kitchen, kiddo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice....sounds like a beautiful lived in place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think especially the coffee and carnations would inspire..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would be inspired. This was a delight to read. It seems like the best cooks are a bit messy and the rest of us get to eat, then clean up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am blown away by how talented everyone is, in words and artwork. I love your kitchen, your photograph, and your poem.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Inspired for leftovers :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh yes, for sure. I felt like I could smell the herbs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. If they wouldn't have been, they should have. Much more interesting then dead chickens and flowers. I felt at home in your kitchen.

    janet

    ReplyDelete