Tuesday, 18 November 2014

Male Messy and Single




melancholic prunes
overwrought dried  apricots
in jam jars
compete for attention
from the empty beer cans
on dusty shelves

the butcher's apron screams for a wash
while the distraught fridge weeps
all over the black and white tiles
nigella above the cooker
pouts and slurps spaghetti

11 comments:

  1. ahhh.... those were the days.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice imagery, I love the nigella poster pouting at the bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha..I haven't seen Nigella lately but you give a great description of someone's kitchen ..love the melancholy prunes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love spaghetti... hmmm... and oy i hope that someone has mercy and washes that screaming butcher's apron... ha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, yes, the contrast between one's ideals of cooking... and the stark reality! Very cleverly done. I liked the melancholic prunes (well, of course, don't they deal with constipation?) and the overwrought apricots...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a magnificent disaster of a kitchen! Actually, it sounds like my kitchen way back when I was between wives. Very descriptive work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. heh-heh...liked the way you put Nigella in this :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Busy kitchen! Lots of senses involved in description. Nice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have to admit my ignorance - I had to look up Nigela. I get it now. Hope someone cleans up that kitchen.

    ReplyDelete