Thursday, 20 November 2014

Swede Speed

                  


 you are the only swede
 who is ever going to be in my life
 black and sleek

 costly to maintain
 strangers stop me sometimes
 offer to buy you
 i am tempted

you are now the last of your line
the americans have failed to understand you
so in spite of your nordic break downs
i think 'll keep you a while longer
but how much longer



8 comments:

  1. Ah.. the dilemma to park and sell...

    Particularly when park becomes treasure....

    But to give up treasure can be room to make for more...

    in different driving packages for life to come.. in different ways... :)

    of driving life a joy.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Intriguing
    We had a BMW (Wolfgang) once and took him home to Germany. He broke down there.
    We gave him up eventually as he was so costly to service.
    Anna :o]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mine is a SAAB 900 ...last of the real SAABs...GM took over after this model and thus...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah.. Yes I thought it had to be a Saab.. But I'm partial being a Swede.. I had one of the first GM 900.. But that one was no SAAB..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your sleek, mean Swede... oooh, I understand! I've got a quirky, perky Brit (Mini) in the land of l'amour (France) and yawnful correctness (Switzerland) - but guess what, they all love my cheeky Minimax!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a bit of a love-hate relationship with your car, so I understand the dilemma!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Clever - I see cars have inspired more than one writer today! Enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The volvo in my tenant's driveway is from 1990--way too new, if you ask me!

    ReplyDelete