the space shuttle didn't crash
but slipped seamlessly into the
calm and glass like ocean on the landing day
the astronauts found to be not rattled without a flicker of fear
pleased to be home
the lurking news corp ravenous for information
with the usual hollow rhetoric
not known to be ever red with shame
filling in time
Wonder what the man in the moon thinks about all of this?

He's probably disgusted. I know I am. We just have to stick our noses everywhere.
ReplyDeleteI wonder too. Read a lovely thing once where a man from Africa didn't see a man in the moon, he saw a woman with a baby on her back.
ReplyDeleteI should say that that was a good use of the words. In the end I piked out and found no use for ravenous and crash but was happy with where I ended up. Even if a lot of tissues died for the cause.
ReplyDeleteGood use of the prompts!!
ReplyDelete