Sunday, 1 May 2022

UKRAINE


 


Painting by Oksana Ludenko
 

 

 


Painting by Oksana Ludenko 


did oksana know

 he would try to destroy

 her beautiful culture

her beautiful people

her beautiful country

and obliterate them

from the face of the earth

no

none of us did 

we cry

we pray

we donate

no

it is not enough

 




11 comments:

  1. Keep doing the work. I read this piece over and over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is not enough Well spoken

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alas, no, it is not. Yet, all possibilities are horrifying. Well, telling it like it is, that's something – no matter how little – that we can do

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Cressida, you hit the nail on the head here and thank you for being brave enough to tackle this issue so directly. Expressions like yours matter and help create precious momentum... Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. not enough... I have some dear friends in Ukraine. I worry and pray.

    ReplyDelete
  6. positive sentiments.

    much💛love

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's never enough. So we must keep trying... Sometimes, it's all we can do.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think we all wish there were more we could do for Ukraine. We feel hopeless...

    ReplyDelete
  9. This hits deep ... we are going to have a difficult giving enough of what they need. Tragic, sad, overwhelming.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Art and poetry are part of standing up to the bullies of this world, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the paintings. It is definitely not enough. Makes you feel helpless.

    ReplyDelete