Tuesday, 17 September 2019

Vigilance


watch out
for the smooth talker
persuasive charmer


  

virgil's a guard dog
his type of vigilance
makes a villain's day




online romance
fraught with danger and crims
broken heart empty wallet








something for nothing
the scammer's favourite ploy
everything has a price





over the moon?
prepare for a rough landing
on planet disaster




 you are not wrong
 it's the age of big brother
 a dehumanised world

Midweek Motif Poets United








11 comments:

  1. So much to think about in your words - makes the reader vigilant

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haiku-ish captioning! Great idea,, nicely done. My hat's off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well that has frightened us from opening the door, turning on our computers or answering the phone. Yesterday despite having broadband connected already I had a continuous succession of recorded phone calls from a chinese girl saying my connection would be cut off unless etc.,etc. Not the best way to achieve a sale!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a perceptive dialogue between illustration and verse! I cannot say which is my favorite. I like the wit and build through the final "dehumanised world." It really is that bad out there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL. I especially chuckled at the first one. These are great. I needed some lightness after writing my depressing summary.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all these fun captions. Vigilance, indeed :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These were wonderful, thanks for the comic relief.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I’d prefer the old-fashioned way of meeting someone, getting to know them, and I’d still on guard!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a clever way of dramatizing through poetry and illustration. I like the juxtaposition of human and serious issues.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so clever and witty. Love that dog and those fish!

    ReplyDelete