Tuesday, 24 September 2019

Dolcezza



many summers ago
i was stung by an italian bee
on my back in a florence flower market

the flower stall holder told me
it was because i was as sweet as honey

he put ice on the sting gave me a posey of flowers
and kissed me on the shoulder as i left

since that day
i have never had another bee sting
or been kissed by an italian  
think it's time to return


Midweek Motif - Poets United

12 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good sting to revisit

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very romantic & sweet sting indeed :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, revisit. What a delightful encounter to enlighten a poem!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I’ve been to that flower market, although it was at the end of January and there were not so many flowers and no bees. A lovely story!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful! Now that was almost worth the sting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, if it takes a bee sting in Italy to get kissed by an Italian, I say go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh this is soo romantic!!❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  8. The kiss to the shoulder was a delight I am sure, a sincere gesture with a hint of flirtation.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I say return and see what happens.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's time to return! ha ha love this

    ReplyDelete