Monday, 23 April 2018

Napowrimo 2018



Kerry O'Connor's Prompt @ Imaginary Garden with Real Toads

 Day 23

Theseus:

 Lovers and madmen have such seething brains,
 Such shaping fantasies, that apprehend
More than cool reason ever comprehends.
The lunatic, the lover and the poet
 Are of imagination all compact.

Midsummer Night's Dream Act 5, scene 1, 4 - 8



an ordinary poet
a lunatic and lover
shaping a shopping fantasy

inhaling coffee clouds at breakfast
seeing shipwrecks
sugar cube drama floating
in a morning tea cup





finding enlightenment in puddles
wandering through the bromeliads
at the hardware store
listening to  the screeching and squawking
of the non existent cockatoos and macaws



her brain conjuring up
bright green rousseau landscapes
in the avocado and pineapple section
of the supermarket


cool reason eluded her
even in the freezer section
seething with love for chocolate 
overwhelming and dangerous



delectable madness
 


 

12 comments:

  1. If poetry be the food porn of love, then bake on! Deelicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "inhaling coffee clouds at breakfast
    seeing shipwrecks sugar cube drama floating in a morning tea cup"..this is amazing!!💜💜

    ReplyDelete
  3. wHAT DELECTABLE MADNESS, Happy Monday

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the chocolate madness too, and do not seek a cure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What madness this? Love it, your words will come back to me with morning coffee and trips to the grocery store :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are awesome, Cressida. i loved the first one - nothing like a whiff of coffee to clear the head, or a walk in the hardware store to transport you to another place entirely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well that was some shopping 'trip'

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful, as was Brendan's comment. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this beautifully presented chaos of the mind. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The supermarket... I've been inspired with poetry there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am always inspired by nature. Love how you walk us through so many paths of inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I enjoyed your shopping spree!! A delight!

    ReplyDelete