Les Emotifs Anonymes (2010)
his gentle comedy begins with the heroine, Angélique, singing a French version of Maria's "I Have Confidence In Me" from The Sound of Music while on the way to a meeting of "Les émotifs anonymes" (the film's original title), an Alcoholics Anonymous-style organisation for shy, inhibited people. She then gets a job with a gourmet chocolate company headed by a nervous boss, Jean-René, undergoing analysis for his emotional hang-ups. The company, ailing in the present economic climate, gets a high-sugar fillip from a new line introduced by ace-chocolatière Angélique, though her and Jean-René's edgy relationship remains a few bonbons short of bonheur. It is a pleasant little film, reminiscent in tone of the 1930s comedies of René Clair and Jean Renoi
octave gnarl parasite boketto muscle nightmare
peal leash nullify graveyard misrepresent negligence
Wordle # 188 MLMM
for a hermit
socialising is a nightmare
worse than spending a night in a graveyard
facial muscles gnarled and grimaced are misrepresented
as being characteristic of an impolite person
his negligence in not paying the restaurant bill
is part of his bonkers boketto condition and nullifies
his valiant attempt at vocalising peals of 'dark eyes'
trying to seduce the lovely Angelique
missing the high octave was unfortunate
his rendition sounding more like a
howling dog left at home alone on the leash
but it was a start
his parasitic psychiatrist who had been
fleecing him for years seemed pleased
at his progress
awesome
ReplyDeleteBeing an introvert I do relate to having my facial expressions misread, no idea what my face is doing or not doing at any given moment but the reactions can be amusing sometimes. Once I was in my own world at the gym no less thinking of a poem and I was just smiling away and some guy strolls up confident that I was smiling at him, I didn't even see him in front of me until he spoke!
ReplyDeleteLOL...I can relate to this. People smile at me everywhere because they think I am smiling at them too.Poets have this effect on people:)
ReplyDeleteThis poem is based on a very sweet French movie about two awkward shy socially inept people who serendipitously find each other. Check it out.No matter what words you gave us this week i was determined to make them fit:)
Love how you used the words, I found it very amusing.
ReplyDeleteYour third stanza made me laugh so loud. I hope that doesn't make me a terrible person.
ReplyDeleteLOL NICE.
ReplyDeleteHappy you dropped by my blog
Much🌼love
Boy do I love this poem.
ReplyDeleteintroverts have facial muscles in fixed grins and trapezius muscles glued to their necks - I know! a marvellously unexpected but piquant ending to the introvert's plight and very good wordle weave
ReplyDeleteWhat a hoot! This knocked me on my butt. Often, with a list of words you have to insert, the poem can sound strained and feels kind of awkward. Not here. You are Wonder Woman!!!
ReplyDeleteThank you Tim :)
DeleteAh, this is so true, how the signs are misread and the person is left wondering - what happened !
ReplyDeletesocialising can be quite a nightmare... hermit or not!!! I do love "bonkers boketto"...
ReplyDeleteHa, i relate to the hermit!
ReplyDeleteThis poem has wings! Love the imagery....the poor man😯
ReplyDeleteHehehe I can relate to this hermit :)
ReplyDelete