Saturday, 3 March 2018

Silvio at Sunday's Whirligig

This Week's Words come from "Final Shirt" by Marjorie Saiser

come church father tie years shirt buttons blue sure choose closet cloth





hey
come check this out
dare un'occhiata a questo
italian dentistry
top quality



for years
i have been a friend to french poodles and
to all of italy's
sweet fluffy creatures



ma che  bellissimi
cute little buttons
am committed to their welfare
like a father
(sure)


i fight fires
am ready for action
at all times




maybe not always the action condoned
by men of the cloth and the church
at least i'm not in the vatican closet
or part of the sordidessa lavender mafia



 dio mio

 

forget leonardo da vinci
principessa in black
soft lit by blue backdrop
is my favourite art work



choose me as prime minister
a family man you can't really trust
all the time
i make quite a few big mistakes
every now and then
but i'm very good at parties


 VOTE 1 -  SILVIO BERLUSCONI

 

the man who can outstare putin
with a much better haircut
shirt and tie
an italian who can sing bawdy songs
(in french)



12 comments:

  1. I admire anyone who can outstare Putin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the morning giggles. I'm still grinning at the idea of a "lavender mafia".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh boy not again.....he has not changed from the power hungry, narcissistic, ego-maniac fueled by power and greed that he is....we don't need any more in the world. YIKES!

    Donna@LivingFromHappiness

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like an interesting election. His family doesnt look very happy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoyed your snippets today. All of it. The tongue in cheek mood gave me a smile
    Have a good Sunday

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  6. A man of parts, for sure! I love the clear-eyed light-heartedness with which you capture all his - er - foibles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was going to say he should stick to his present job but thinking about he would do everyone a favour by being a singer (no matter how bad) instead.

    ReplyDelete
  8. From this start this was a rotten day---until I read your poem(s). Then I was convulsed with laughter. Thanks so much for a good end to this day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the humor you inject into such a sad situation. How is it that these maniacs come into power?

    ReplyDelete
  10. That man gives me the shivers!!

    ReplyDelete