Saturday, 21 October 2017

Week Three - Life Is Beautiful

Carpe Diem Winter Retreat 2017 : Life Is Beautiful 

Day 15






running late again
waiting in the wintry cold
thoughts of tea and sympathy

Day 16




a small jewel
in the bustling big city
a quiet place to dream

Day 17


after a hard day
one of life's great joys
a hot bubble bath


Day 18 




beauty found everywhere
tomatoes on the kitchen sink
nasturtiums in a cup

 Day 19





child's memory
of her mother
a fragrant beauty


 Day 20


 
 prickly and sharp
 nature's sentries
guarding the desert




 Day 21


 

a young widow
catches the cool breeze
pondering her  future

Day 22



magic memories
twilight in a gentler time
living on the beach


Day 23



beautiful flowers
do not bring a smile to her face
freedom on her mind

15 comments:

  1. Beautiful collection of haiku poetry.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, a wonderful collection. I love the way you've picked out different aspects of everyday life. I love the first one, which reminds me of life in the city, and the tomatoes and nasturtiums are fragrant and colourful. This one brought a tear to my eye:
    child's memory
    of her mother
    a fragrant beauty

    ReplyDelete
  3. The last two touched me the deepest, so much living in such few words... Love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Day 18 is my favourite

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautifully evocative collection!❤️ Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the haiku!
    MNL, cactus haiku

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely collection. You're quite gifted😊

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are all wonderful. I love #18. It brings home beauty is everywhere if we just take time to look.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love them all too. The last stopped me in my tracks and your words your observation struck deep and saddened me. I can't stop thinking about them...
    Anna :o]

    ReplyDelete
  10. All are fantastic ! I love the classical style of #17

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how much meaning is contained in each day's haiku. All of them beautifully crafted,

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely micro poems, each one unique.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those tomatoes and nasturtiums together are the BEST.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Enjoyed your Haiku along with well chosen images.

    ReplyDelete