Wednesday, 20 September 2017

Coloured Snap Shots In Autumn





we can still listen
to count basie at the back
of the bus 

slow dance
knee deep in
crackling autumn leaves

crunch honey'd popcorn
at the movies
just like kids

smile
when we think of each other
sometimes





take
care
li'l darlin'

Heeding Haiku with Chevrefeuille

16 comments:

  1. There is a lilting, melancholy vibe to the tune that makes me think of autumn. And your words put a smile on my face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun, romantic and nostalgic...lovely autumn series

    ReplyDelete
  3. Slow dance in the leaves...such a gorgeous image.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This made me smile. There's a bit of humor in it for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. In the "slow dance" haiku, I hear not autumn leaves crackling, but my own knees! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so unbelievably romantic!! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  7. Road trips and relationships spring to my mind. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL, re MMT's comment. Your poem evoked autumn beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful read! I want to frolic in the leaves again!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A most romantic poem bringing back such lovely memories....and oh the music makes me want to slow dance!

    Donna@LivingFromHappiness

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah memories... moments... live on in hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like this but I can never figure you out ? :)
    ZQ

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh well...not everyone can be an Einstein:)
    Good to see you made it out of Florida in one piece.

    ReplyDelete