Friday, 29 September 2017

Sunday Whirligig 131

This weeks words come from ' Drum Dream Girl '  by Margarita Engle 

drum pound sticks secret gardens allowed
imaginary parrot comforting carnivals rattling silver




no one
not even
chef the carnival clown
or
jack the sunshine boy
were allowed into the secret garden

a guy called linus lestrange  lived there
with his imaginary parrot
rattling amongst the silver
in his expensive pile
comforting himself by
pounding  the drums with sticks
singing
'they're coming to take me away ha ha'
over and over again



16 comments:

  1. A really delightful read. Greetings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. " imaginary parrot"

    Very interesting concept

    Happy Sunday Cressida

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The world is getting to be much like this isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. this was humorous! thanks for a moment of giggles. happy Sunday/Monday my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad someone shares my humour. (smiles and giggles)

      Delete
  5. Ha! and not a moment too soon. LOL. Sadly, they deposited him in the White House. Ack!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope they finally took him and his annoying drumming away! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Linus LeStrange and the imaginary parrot? I love it! I love the variety to be found in the pantry.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha You're stinkin' crazy.... Very entertaining I think I remember the song.
    ZQ

    ReplyDelete
  9. Quite a garden with linus and his parrot....a fun poem!

    Donna@LivingFromHappiness

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hmm. Hope we don't all wind up with imaginary parrots. Sometimes, I'm afraid I might.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a mad song! Which is the point, of course. And the poem is fitting.Not to mention that one could read into it all sorts of analogies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes. What Rosemary and Myrna said. In a mad world, we may end up with imaginary parrots. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cheers for the memories returned by the song.

    Sad that folk live in the mould of M Lestrange - i would rather be happily mad (and I am).

    Kind regards
    Anna :o]

    ReplyDelete