mid week older school treatment lunches
wait lost upset nursery stories dance
3WW unruly veiled treatment
getting older is upsetting
it creeps up like a veiled threat
you still go out to lunches
during the week with school friends
sometimes indulge in a beauty treatment
to tame unruly locks
but now sadly you get lost mid sentence
cannot remember nursery stories
wait for the phone to ring and
no one asks you to dance anymore
This is a sad poem Cressida, sorry my dancing days are over but staring at the sea you might link up with a merman (but he can't dance either).
ReplyDeleteThe idea of a merman is unappealing....must have two sturdy dancing legs:)
ReplyDeleteNo one asks you to dance anymore......so sad
ReplyDeleteI've seen your picture, and you never get any older--lol
ReplyDeleteA sad song... we all sing it at some point but you aren't even close yet... it must just be a lull.
ReplyDeleteI know exactly where you're at. I'm at the point where I consider myself Grandpa Dracula - I use to be young and sexy and predatory; now I'm old, toothless and largely invisible to ladies young enough to be my (grand) daughters. Sigh. This was a great, understated poem (unlike this verbose comment).
ReplyDeleteThis is so sad :(
ReplyDeleteDance with me, won't you?
ReplyDeleteMay I share this dance with you?
ReplyDelete
ReplyDeleteNo one is truly old if they keep that spark of youth inside them no matter how their old bones might betray them. My grandfather had a saying that always made me laugh you only look as old as you feel and when you stop looking and feeling then you're old.
Oh, the sadness in that last line! (Dance anyway, I say.)
ReplyDeleteYeah I really feel this, for sure.
ReplyDeletei used to love to dance. you've reminded me how long ago that was ~
ReplyDelete