unity mitford went to a school like this
although these days she is not missed
oswald mosely another great chum
found himself in jail for treason ho hum
her boyfriend hitler gave her the toss
so with a pistol a pressie from her beloved boss
she shot herself in the head but did not die
suffered in her remaining years because of his lies
some women fall for the wrong kind of men
disaster ensues like the fox to the hen
Midweek Motif PU
Goodness! I could not tear myself away from the video. I'm speechless about the unity of fiends and royalty. Effective rhyming.
ReplyDeleteThe unity of fiends depresses me!
ReplyDeleteI echo Susan's sentiments and agree on the fact that sometimes we fall for the wrong men.. Powerfully penned!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great post Cressida. I had toyed with the idea of writing about Unity Mitford, the ugly duckling of the family who supposedly was a Hitler's lover and may even have had a child by him during her passion for the Nazis! So I am glad you penned this humorous piece.
ReplyDeleteA powerful poem - makes you wonder why we are attracted to such foxes
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness, a shot to the head and she did not die. I especially like the closing lines. Sadly, I was one of those women. Then I gave men up for Lent. LOL.
ReplyDeleteHmmm, I had to smile (sardonically), for Unity Mitford was a nasty piece of goods and one can only be but glad she fell for the wrong kind of man...
ReplyDeleteWell-penned!