
on a donkey
the mystic with less than twenty
headed southward
over the parched soil
covered with pattersons curse
a purple pestilence
it came as no consolation
to know in advance
the mob madly waving palm fronds
the exuberant greeting
leaning towards celeb hysteria
he was about to receive
was just hollow feeble rhetoric
why he bothered or wasted his breath
on them...i will never understand
Bravo - great wordling.
ReplyDeleteWell written with those tricky words.
ReplyDeleteBiblical indeed Cressida - although I read and felt the grit and toil of any human life in the plodding donkey and rider passing poisonous flowers to reach (perhaps) a bitter end anyway...
ReplyDeleteAnd neither will I, but it's fun whirling, just the same.
ReplyDeleteAs Viv say it's fun wordling and teasing with lesser known things like Patterson's Curse which I thought was exclusive to Australia!
ReplyDeleteDeep!
ReplyDeleteWell crafted - how the words of the wise fall on deaf ears. (And I had to look up Patterson's curse - thanks for that.)
ReplyDeleteI like how you used the words so smoothly. Fun to see how everyone uses the same words,
ReplyDelete...except that "them"/they are you and I...
ReplyDelete