2.am
not a sound
except for an occasional tweet
from a confused currawong
who still thinks it's daytime
my time to create
in complete silence
thoughts - crystal clear
in the night owl's
black velvet glove
perfect
early birds sound asleep
dreaming of all the worms
they are going to catch the next day
at dawn jogging in the park
followed by
a high powered business breakfast meeting
at 7am
they call this success
such is as such goes
ReplyDeletehave a lovely day
much love...
It sounds good to me, Cressida. It was good to write when other souls rested and aI found space to expand--and then stumbled in--not to a business meeting--but a classroom where school started at 8 and I needed to adjust, set up, prepare. Gosh, I loved it. But I was exhausted. Now I cannot remember how I ever burned my candle at both ends. Ha! A perfect poem that I will share! Thanks for your visit over at my site!
ReplyDeleteHa! Yes. As a deeply chaotic creative soul, I don't relate well to the "achievers" either. I loved this. And I love when I learn a new word: "currawong." Thank you!
ReplyDeleteI thought this was absolutely lovely.. :D
ReplyDeletexoxo
Yes... watch them go by, observe. That's what you do, and why.
ReplyDeleteExcellent. I love the mood of this.
ReplyDeleteI envy anyone who has currawongs around — they have such a beautiful call.
ReplyDeleteInspiration calls us at the most inopportune times, doesn't she? I love the details of this. I can hear the joggers footfalls on the pavement in the early hours.
ReplyDelete