Wednesday, 23 July 2014

Time after Time

if you fall
i will catch you
i'll be there
time after time

i may teeter gasp
but i will never
let you go

i am the shadow
half caught
in the corner of your eye
the distant wistful thought
on your pillow at night

when it's time
i will take your hand
swan dive with you
bathed in sunshine and smiles
into the starched white  crest
of a giant ocean wave

16 comments:

  1. What a lovely poem based on such a wonderful poem. Very sweet sentiments well expressed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I fell in love with this version when I first heard it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am the shadow
    half caught
    in the corner of your eye
    the distant wistful thought
    on your pillow at night

    What beautiful words. Your poem expresses true love. Sometimes being there is all that's necessary. Enjoyed this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved this para the most, too.. wonderful sentiments, and you express them so beautifully! I really loved this one...

      Delete
  4. Beautiful poem, Cressida! I enjoyed the love and sense of promise it conveys.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I especially loved the ending of this--a marvelous image of time beyond time--at least that's how I take it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very beautiful poem - as is your wonderful banner photo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh how precious to know that someone's there with all their heart... gives new meaning to the song..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh I love that ending. Such beautiful imagery.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely writing--I wish everyone could have such a relationship with someone. Myrna quoted the lines that really stand out, the distant wistful thought. Excellent! (The video is great as well--thanks for this, I hadn't heard this version before!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lovely one, with gentle imagery of sunshine & ocean wave ~ Thank you ~

    ReplyDelete
  11. stunning. I can picture the hand gripping always...lightly when need be and firmly when warranted. "sunshines and smiles."

    ReplyDelete
  12. some lines are such that could start another poem...i specially love : when it's time
    i will take your hand / swan dive with you...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have goosebumps, and it's a little dusty in here. Must be my allergies. Or this touching song. Or your beautiful poem. Sharing this to Twitter right now.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you Barry for your warm and encouraging comments.
    Also to everyone else who has commented as well.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such reassurance is what love does so well… Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete