Tuesday, 15 July 2014

Ode To Blogger Poets


 dverse

most of the world
will never know



the  gifted poets
on community
poetry sites
whose

compassion
humour
love
joy
inspiration
tears
loss
images
hopes
generosity
suffering
rage
rant

electrify the world
lighting up the universe
with
exploding word stars

does it matter
that it is a secret feast
only savoured by a few?

does it matter
the kardashians
do not have dverse
tattooed on their derrieres?


Dave dit NON ! 

Sadly one of our well loved  dverse poets Dave King died last year  on October  4th 2013.
I know that's you up there Dave!





15 comments:

  1. Smiling... I enjoyed the quirky honesty of this... and how true, every word so potently true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've just run through all those the outside world is missing by not being in the community! Wonderful write Cressida!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  3. No matter, we love it and the Kash family can put their butts somewhere else ~

    Thanks for mentioning Dave ~ Have a lovely week ~

    ReplyDelete
  4. kinda glad it is not tattoed on their ass...ha...
    yes, there are many undiscovered out there...
    and i think there is a purity in that...

    seems when some think they finally have something
    they lose a bit of that magic...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a truthful representation... I really liked it... and you did make us laugh and think with that ending. Think, because it tells us of what the people at large love today. The intellect is somehow being overshadowed by gloss and plastic in the mass media. :-)
    -HA

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww, bless! Such a warm feeling of 'inner circle' - although, truth be told, I've found dVerse to be wonderfully welcoming to newbies, not just a 'mutual admiration society'. But yes, their loss, most definitely, for not being part of this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so true. I often think of poetry blogging as being like the sand paintings that are intended to drift in the wind once they are completed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is right on. Isn't it great that we have each other? Just love the end. To be honest, I couldn't pick a Kardashian out of a line-up. Not my thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Erm...I think you might be able to pick Kim Kardashian. She stands out ( so to speak...chortles and guffaws)

      Delete
  9. i love that you mention dave - i was thinking about him as well amidst the celebration... and here's to all the poets that just write cause they want to

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sad that so many have not discovered poetry....it's in the air, all around but some would rather watch the boob tube instead.

    ReplyDelete
  11. "does it matter
    that it is a secret feast
    only savoured by a few?"

    A precious gift, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ha, I do wonder if the Kardashians read poetry at all. If they have tattoos on their derrieres, I would guess it would not be poetic sayings. Probably x-rated fare. I enjoyed your light-hearted approach; and I too was moved by your mention of Dave. His influence lives on.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this poem - and your touching remembrance of our good friend, Dave.

    ReplyDelete
  14. given the proclivity of spelling errors on tats I have seen, it's a dangerous proposition.

    Sometimes I wish more read my poems, but there's more than one reason to write.

    ReplyDelete