Saturday, 19 July 2014

The Mad Poets

dverse


we come in assorted ages
coloured shapes and size
wordsmiths artists and philosophers
a rainbow of beliefs



some of us write in riddles
a few of us love Will
sometimes  words will thrill
others slash and kill




some of us are kooky
some of us elite
some send hearts a flutter
some are obviously  nutters



some of us are form freaks
some of us are geeks
bizza baby's love notes
swoon the ladies in a heap


Oooooooooo  Bizza !!!!!!


sometimes volatile and feisty
temperaments come to blows

part of life's  due process
poets are no different by jove

some of us are teachers
keeping  grammar sloths
on their toes



the humorous ones with their puns
throw rain upon the rows

some of us have the courage
to read their poems out loud

some of us get into huffs
verging on the proud
dropping french and syntax bombs
frightful , gasp, KAPOW !


but all in all tis a family
of creative gifted folk
a virtual mini soap opera
with wows and yells ' i'm stoked '

and everyone of us writing here
in their floral smocks and coats
can raise a glass to dverse

WOOT
and call themselves a poet

21 comments:

  1. Indeed - and what a fresh, fun, imagery packed way you played it here. Sending a bouquet of words your way in thanks for your poems posted at the pub!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm putting them in a vase as we virtually speak.Thanks Gay !

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha...our verse is as diverse as we are - and our poetry surely mirrors who we are and makes our character visible in more than one way...cool

    ReplyDelete
  4. ha. fun...yes it takes all kinds...and that is perhaps the coolest part...
    so many different people....so much we can learn from each other...

    ReplyDelete
  5. And some of us have several of these characteristics--for example, I love Will and am obviously nuts. (However, I don't think these two characteristics are related in any way.) Very nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ..I was not thinking of any poet in particular except the parody of myself LOL
    Been writing poems on your tie again , have you? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oops
      and Bizza as well. Suspect he has a good sense of humour:)

      Delete
    2. I do. Very much so. And it made me smile that you mentioned me at all. :)

      Delete
  7. Ha, I recognise myself in a couple of these descriptions at least...
    What a lovely fun way to present the community - and its diversity! All shapes, colours and sizes indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woot...I specially love this part:

    but all in all tis a family
    of creative gifted folk
    a virtual mini soap opera
    with wows and yells ' i'm stoked '

    Cheers to you too for being part of the community ~

    ReplyDelete
  9. A regular zoo! Fun combination of words and illustrations.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This just makes happy! You've pretty well described the beauty of dVerse/diverse and how through all the individuality we come together as a family of poets. Now when I read I will probably be looking at labels...geeks, nutters and then there's those of us who flit from one to the other.

    ReplyDelete
  11. "but all in all tis a family
    of creative gifted folk
    a virtual mini soap opera
    with wows and yells ' i'm stoked '

    In a nutshell!! Loved the words and great images you have shared here!

    ReplyDelete
  12. VERY very enjoyable! The bad news is I recognised myself!

    ReplyDelete
  13. oooo love this one Cressida...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just sneezed. Is someone in here talking about me?

    I really enjoyed reading about the different poets who make dVerse home. It's cool that we're simultaneously strengthened by our common bond of poetry and and enlightened by our differences. I love this poem.

    (OK, true story... I had to stop reading for a sec when I got to the part that mentioned me. I couldn't stop laughing, and I feared that everyone could see me blushing through my tablet!)

    ReplyDelete
  15. how did you know about the floral smock...after this, I might have to start wearing ties.

    this was quite a treat...you definitely captured the eclectic group that trapse through the dVerse doors.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Bravo!! Loved this.:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well..by now.. a year spent with dVerse..truly diversity of mind..

    i feel like i've visited all these diverse minds of place..

    you so nicely relate..

    in your images and words here...

    But the greatest thing is..

    if i can be everyone...

    i certainly
    can never dislike anyone...

    unless i
    dislike myself..

    and nah..
    life's a blast..
    y do that!

    ReplyDelete