Thursday, 17 July 2014

The Dverse Ball



pearls are always good
for dressing up old sheets
she saunters off all glamorous
 to see who she can meet



she'll take her friend sal dali
 he's always good for a gig
 and maybe get a little drunk
 with gorgeous mr big




 but hang on this is about poetry
and that's what life can be
if we only drop the hooded shades
allow ourselves to see

20 comments:

  1. dali would be quite the fun one to hang out with i imagine...
    and life can def be poetry...if we allow it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Allow ourselves to see." Hmm, yes, it's funny how some things are easier to see than others sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. how cool would it be to have dali on that party..ha...i bet he was kinda eccentric guy... and that art quote is very cool

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you built the poem with pictures. What a fun time! Great to have you here at the Anniversary Ball. Bring your pearls, any surrealist at hand, and don't forget those extra punctuation marks. They always come in handy at a meeting of poets :=)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that ending: if we only drop the hooded shades
    allow ourselves to see

    Good to see you at the ball with pearls and Dali ~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, by all means...pearls are always good. Even the pearls of poetic words we will find at the ball. Life CAN be poetry; and poetry CAN be life. Let's enjoy the dance of words while we can.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 'allow our selves to see' a beautiful string of pearls form beginning to end - K

    ReplyDelete
  8. love this celebration tonight...

    ReplyDelete
  9. AND SO BEAUTIFUL IT IS..
    to find others who see things i see..

    in an ocean..
    of sometimes what seems..

    blind fish...

    Smiles! and have! a GREAT! REST OF THE ball of LIFE!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So true, there's poetry within us all. Love your pictures combined with your lovely words.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gosh--good company and good--you know Sal will enjoy it rhymed or no!

    ReplyDelete
  12. seeing, truly seeing, can be tricky. but as a poet it is definitely essential to see beneath the veil.

    ReplyDelete
  13. pearls are girl's best friend right? or is it ice cream? smiles. Poetry is life... just depends on the person

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful--it's all about perception, vision, the willingness to see. I wrote about it in my own contribution as well. By the way, this is your old pal Nico, writing now on a new and improved (or maybe not) blog under my birth name instead of nickname. I've missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Did you see the Woody Allen movie (I normally boycott him but recommend this) "Midnight In Paris"? Adrien Brody was Dali, I think. So evocative, such a great premise.

    Your comment on that first one, with the bedsheets, that's how it looked to me, too! Amy

    ReplyDelete
  16. No I have not seen this movie. Almost all of his later work is always disappointing I find.

    ReplyDelete
  17. " but hang on this is about poetry
    and that's what life can be
    if we only drop the hooded shades
    allow ourselves to see"

    I couldn't agree more. I enjoyed reading this.

    ReplyDelete
  18. One wonders what Dali might think of all this the ball the poets, the creativity flowing left and right. I would think it was just the most wonderful of occasions.Well done Cressida.

    ReplyDelete