DAY 1
Write a poem based on a book cover
what on earth
could Mummy be thinking of ?
straight off with the book cover
and into the bin
the nuns would have a heart attack
if i took this to school
Day 2
Write a one line answer to each question
Create a poem from the answers
What is a song?
currawongs at sunrise welcome the day
What is joy?
smiling hearts beam golden sunshine
What is an oyster ?
a shell hiding pearls on jagged rocks
What is longing?
wanting you ... finally a thing of the past
What is a river?
a crystal clear freedom rush flowing out to sea
POEM
currawongs at sunrise welcome the day
smiling hearts beam golden sunshine
a shell hiding pearls on jagged rocks
wanting you... finally a thing of the past\
a crystal clear freedom rush flowing out to sea
DAY 3
Write the opposite
HAMLET....SHAKESPEARE
When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,
DAY 4
TRIOLET
life is hard a nightmare in fact
it doesn't look like changing
it is my lot so that is that
life is hard a nightmare in fact
let's not clash over this spat
it is the major cause of ageing
life is hard a nightmare in fact
it doesn't look like changing
DAY 5
Juxtapostion between joy and grief
smiling children
in the playground
on a lovely sunny day
eating ripe plums
sticky fingers
laughing
all dead in a few hours time
thanks Russia
DAY 6...ODD
Giro girotondo,
casca il mondo,
casca la terra,
tutti giù per terra!
i remember these words
playing with a litle girl
who was singing them
at my great aunt's house
when i was about 6
i even remember her last line was different
tutti casca giu per terra
none of my family speak italian
it could have only been on one occasion
DAY 7
grey cloudy weather
three crosses on a hillside
never a good day
FRIDAY WRITINGS # 71...POETS STORY TELLERS UNTED







That's the way I became after I got used to being divorced, three years of freedom "out to sea"! I liked your definitions too.
ReplyDeleteNice to see you writing NaPoWriMo. I may be on sabbatical VERY SOON so I'll have time to finish our income tax return.
..
I like your Good Friday haiku.
ReplyDeleteI missed this when I posted before.
ReplyDeleteYes, a sad day but then comes Sunday Easter,
HAPPY DAY for the world.
..
Especially love those answers to the five questions.
ReplyDeleteGoodness, nuns can get uptight about the silliest things!
ReplyDeleteGoodness Gracious! You are quite the busy and prolific poet for April's challenge. I thoroughly enjoyed each of your entries!
ReplyDeleteHappy Easter Week to you!
ReplyDeleteLovely lines.
ReplyDelete