Saturday, 6 November 2021

Anaphora


 

when it's all too hard

 crawl into bed 

pull the covers over your head 

 


 when its all too hard

immerse yourself in a hot bubble bath

by candle light


when it's all to hard

try to sleep to the soft notes

of a ginger puss purring


when it's still too hard

pick up a phone

you will feel better

when you hear his voice

earthweal open link weekend #91

FRIDAY WRITINGS # 1



13 comments:

  1. Oh, nice! Especially the final reveal as to what is too hard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! I'd go for a tabby cat purring though as Barry (my husband's cat) isn't ginger. I do love the last line indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice one. Complete with pics.

    Much💛love

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these:

    “try to sleep to the soft notes
    of a ginger puss purring”

    “pick up a phone
    you will feel better
    when you hear his voice”

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is always nice--and healthy--to have ways to deal with life's difficulties. If not they can overwhelm us to the point of insanity (or depression).

    Like Rosemary, I also like the way you got us to the end.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the lovely solutions. Next time it's all too hard, I'll know exactly what to do!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is purrrrr-fect. Sorry, could not resist.

    ReplyDelete
  8. All wonderfully comforting ideas. Love the purring kitty at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have indulged in number 1 & 2 when it all seems like too much. One is easier as you don't have to get out of bed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is great advice: I've been doing a lot of this lately as winter draws in!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those "all too hard" times come much too often...

    ReplyDelete