Writers' Pantry # 91
Earthweal # 87 Open Link Weekend
Whirligig # 339 This week's words: from St Francis and Sister Death
by R W Trommer
humble dance dinner heart hut ashes baby shame partner mystery praise doors
it's okay baby
i know
you live in a humble hut
it makes no difference
even though the doors are closed to me
i only have praise for you
i know
we will never go to a jazz club
have dinner
clink champagne glasses
or listen to nancy wilson
i know
you will never partner me
in that slow dance together
i know
your heart is elsewhere
it makes me sad
it's such a shame
you will always be a mystery to me
we only share broken dreams and ashes
" I should be over it now, I know
It doesn't matter much how old I grow
I hate to see October go "
It doesn't matter much how old I grow
I hate to see October go "
It's sad when love is not returned. Nice to read you again.
ReplyDeleteIt will be sad to see October go. And sadder to care about one whose heart is elsewhere. A poignant poem. It resonates with me.
ReplyDeleteSuch an intriguing and enchanting poem!
ReplyDeleteTo be forsaken by love is to pass on alone into a winter -- you caught Nancy Wilson's vibrato perfectly here.
ReplyDeleteAn altogether beautiful post! (Albeit sad.)
ReplyDeleteA case of unrequited love...well depicted. And I'm always sad to see October go. :)
ReplyDeleteUnrequited love can be the inspiration for lovely poetry...as you have done. Thank you for this poignant read.
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful poem, skillfully using the suggested words as well!
ReplyDeleteOne just can't get over some losses. They take bits of us when they go. Sigh.
ReplyDeleteVery straightforward and true to life. That's how it goes, unfortunately.
ReplyDeleteThe ending is painful. sigh
ReplyDeleteyou will always be a mystery to me
we only share broken dreams and ashes
Nice!!! The bittersweet tale of unrequited; love sigh.
ReplyDeleteMuch💜love