Saturday, 29 May 2021

Sunday Muse # 162/ Writers' Pantry # 72

 


there was a little bird

who had a little friend

who only ever appeared in a puddle

just around the bend 

on moonlit nights he'd see him

amongst the cobble stones

when  all was still and quiet

no humans with their phones


he did not see him often

but they were very very close

cos the little birdie knew

his friend loved him the most


18 comments:

  1. ....and this left me humming "Me and My Shadow"! Light and fun to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweetly rendered .... I can visualize this in a children's book with an adorable illustration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is charming and lovely Cressida! I LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is always a delight to see birds look at themselves in their mirrors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bravo, this little rhyme made my early morning

    Happy Sunday Cressida

    Much💚love

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a wonderful story, bird and moon and the puddle that brings them together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved the flow of the poem.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a romantic idea, the bonded friendship of the bird and his little friend amongst the cobblestones.

    ReplyDelete
  9. "no humans with their phones" - A rare sighting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a lovely response to the photo prompt.
    The bird who loves its reflection.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww, I love that ending. Sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Like the perspective here. Well written Cressida!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely poem - full of charm and good feelings.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I always thought of the moon as my friend when I was a child. This poem goes straight to my heart. :)

    ReplyDelete