Wednesday, 7 April 2021

National Poetry Writing Month

<iframe frameborder="0" height="270" src="https://youtube.com/embed/X7SvBtJuh3Y" width="480"></iframe>

 

 


 Day 8

Weekly Scribbles 64


my refuge

my pink queen size bed

so cosy

so secure

my place to hide from the world

to find peace and sleep


Day 9

 

she flew silently

under his huge wing expanse

for years

he did not notice her

nor did anyone else

so she found her own tree

and sang her own songs

'

 

Day 10

 

 


 

 

she only wanted one

one special person

she would have liked

to be number one in someone's life

one should be so lucky 


Day 11

 

 



even the prickly cactus

blooms into loveliness

 when all is going well

 

 

 Day 12

 

The Sunday Muse # 155

 


sending him a giant

paper plane

matching her outfit

inscribed with love messages 

she hoped

he might be impressed

she hoped

he might consider joining her

in a life tous les deux 

then again

he might think she was 

a raving loony


 

 


24 comments:

  1. I must confess I like my queen size bed too, but strangely I still sleep on the same side I did when my wife was still alive...just in case she checks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, there's nothing like a good, comfy bed! Mine is Queen size too. I also sleep on the same side I did when Andrew was alive – but that is because each side was configured, when we bought it, to the pattern of our body weight; the other side isn't comfortable for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't we all!! I'm like Robin, I've always slept on my right side, even through two marriages and two single lives. I grew up that way as then I slept on a couch on our front porch and the other way would have had me facing the house outside wall. I have a phobia about sleeping on my stomach, finally a couple of days ago that almost came true. For some reason I regurgitated a bit of food and I could not breath in. Mrs. Jim had already gotten up but she heard my struggle and rescued me. First time I did that in all my years. Mrs. Jim calls it my panic attack.
    Keep on liking that bed of yours, even if it gets lumpy. Don't we all get lumpy in our old age?
    Oh yes, I too am trying to write again my 30, that's since 2015.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, a nice big bed all to oneself. Oh... I either have three cats, or recently a 6 month old puppy on mine. I do like to stretch out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I mostly sleep on my left side. It might have something to do with the sciatica on the right side. I don't like sleeping on my back as I tend to be more vulnerable to sleep paralysis in that position. My bed is an old, dilapidated couch that sags in the middle. I still like it better than most people.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice place to be when you are healthy. Not so nice when your are sick.

    Happy you dropped by to read mine Cressida

    Much💛love

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your poems could almost be read as a series. I get a sense of loneliness, but resigned peace from your words.

    if I could, I'd give you the biggest hug.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I laughed at the last one--it immediately brought up an image of a giant paper plane half out of a window. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. A charming and uplifting little series - you carried me away here for a while, this afternoon Cressida - Thankyou...

    ReplyDelete
  10. No raving loonies roaming about in your poetry! My bed, my down comforter are a refuge ......

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sleep is a wonderful thing and I think those that have been deprived of it appreciate it more. Love all these and your day 12 Sunday Muse made me smile! Wonderful writing Cressida!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Interesting post, well written.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A smorgasbord of wonderful poetry! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loved the set of poetry

    esp this

    "so she found her own tree

    and sang her own songs"

    ReplyDelete
  15. This was a series of pleasant interludes on a rainy Sunday afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice linked series of poems. I love my bed also, especially when I get all cocooned in the blankets.
    JadeLi@tao-talk

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely poems and how lovely to write love messages on a paper plane. i had to laugh at the raving loony

    ReplyDelete
  18. All so delightful nuggets of poetry. i loved 'Day 9' the best, to find one's own freedom. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Maybe he'd love the craziness of her spirit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I liked the giant paper airplane...

    ReplyDelete