Sunday, 25 April 2021

NATIONAL POETRY WRITING MONTH - Day 26

 

it can take a lifetime

to differentiate between

decades long strategic alliances

and real friendship

especially

when one is an ostrich

 

hard to confront

but best to  know


Day 27

Parody on The Crocodile - Lewis Carroll

 

how doth the little underling

scale the pecking order

 deferring never demurring

cajoling following orders


how cheerfully he seems to grin

kowtowing to roars and bellow

it is his lot no schemes nor plots

just an ordinary little fellow


Day 28

 

i have known you

my entire life

you live in the next suburb

you suggest we keep in touch

by texting or email

which is ok for bloggers 

separated by oceans

and continents

 

but

i find this

too offensive

too rude

too weird

too chilling 

for those old 'friends'

who live only

a stone's throw away

 

unimpressed

by your vip status

no thanks



Day 29

 


 


the best bed must have been very special

to inspire such lovely lines

feminists are not too thrilled about your leaving

the second best one to your wife

although better than the mouldy cushions

hidden in the priest hole


Day 30


it can rain

for days

for weeks

for months

 

at some stage

someone

might throw you an umbrella

 

then you have to work out

how to use it

13 comments:

  1. the nice thing about electronic connecting is that VIP status doesn't count

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time does help sort out friends...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the underling, he knows how to keep his job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had no idea that Slick Willie Shakes got around like that. The more you learn...

    I hope you that you are healthy and well. I do enjoy your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Barry.. Poetic License ...) Although he did leave his wife the second best bed....no one knows what happened to the best one ...and it is rumoured that he was a secret Catholic...very dangerous to be one in those times...death sentence!A lot of the old families had priest holes constructed to hide the priest and religious emblems when the guards did random checks.April has been a wicked month for me..glad to see the end of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some heartfelt pieces here, and I especially like the first poem. Congrats for having taken part in NaPo Writing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It wasn't what it sounds like. The best bed was for guests. He didn't technically have to leave her anything; legally she was automatically provided for. So this mention is a little love message: I leave to you, my dear, the bed we shared.

    ReplyDelete
  8. luv the umbrella poem best

    Happy Sunday

    Thanks for dropping by Khaya

    Much❤love

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoyed the read. Day 28 was delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for sharing these wonderfully composed poems ..... Day #28 my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Day #26 is true. True friendship is a rare gem, often correlated with the length of friendship but not necessarily. I like all of these, especially day 30.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the way your mind works, day to day.

    ReplyDelete