Saturday, 29 February 2020

Sunday Muse # 97







dear god
please don't let
the shoulder straps break
in the accelerando section

my p.r.  insisted that i wear
this inappropriate dress
said
it will distract
the audience from
any performance glitches

my career  will be ruined
if the dress falls apart
then again
future bookings may sky rocket

10 comments:

  1. LOL This is brilliantly wonderful and full of humor! Love this Cressida!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No one knows what goes through the mind of the pianist …. until now, that is! Bravo

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL--worse would be fading into the background, nude and unnoticed?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that's sly and quite funny. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great take on the challenge .... from a totally different perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE this! It is exactly what I would be thinking!

    ReplyDelete
  7. lol - hopefully, there is no wardrobe malfunction.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wondered how she felt about that dress! I thought I's read poems about it from the point of view of the listener, but this is better by far. And fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful write, Cressida. You tell of a girl's worst fear.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  10. wardrobe malfunctions seem to help, not hinder :)

    ReplyDelete