Monday, 3 February 2020

Love Month








 

it can light up your world then
sap you dry and burn you out




tango music next door
chopping up the onions
kitchen fantasy





Love makes fools of us mostly
Over the moon cavorting
Vertigo reeling flying
Ending with a crash





 Choka Shoka 

bells and confetti
love  marriage the carriage bit

some survive tempests
love an ever fix-ed mark

tis not smooth sailing
the war wounded left weary

rapprochement
after many years\
peace reigns


tired old spent tiggers
sprawling  together in the
hot summer midday sun






in spite of squalls and storms
two cracked leaves still cling on
a surprise to all







rainbow cake  fairies
fashionista icons in love
making a statement





valentine gift
bouquet of tiger lilies
a rare moment of joy

the day after
tiger lilies already
changing their spots








you write the words  ' in love'
all it takes to start the heart
wanting you again








Lost Love

twas doomed from the start
she slipped the rope from the mooring
the ship sailed away forever





First Love

you danced me through love
taught me the intricate steps
first love  best love






 married bliss
eternal tug o war
for the sheets

22 comments:

  1. Is it better to be foolish in love or out of love?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Each of these is a gem! And I love the inclusion of the tango scene.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The best thing about love is that you get the feeling early and are usually disappointed preparing you for the next try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your acrostic is realistic and so well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful thoughts!
    I enjoyed your acrostic as well. Mine was a bit of a mess but it was the best I could pull off.
    Also, I would like some rainbow cake. It was my birthday yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the continuation of the tiger lilies - and that they change their spots!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The love that saps one dry and burns one out is something I know very well. For me, it's the love that one has for someone who is terminally ill. You get several of these people (and a few pets) back to back, and it's like everything has been drained away. At least that's what it has been like for me. Sometimes it takes years to recover. I don't know if I ever will. It isn't that I lack compassion, it's just that I feel like a candle that's been burned at both ends and in the middle as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the metaphor of the ship slipping away from the mooring.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this: you danced me through love!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great takes on love. Cliche: loved it. As for the last funny, so true :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thoroughly enjoyed all - Unconditional Love made me smile, still smiling.
    Anna :o]

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are so lovely!💝 I especially adore; "in spite of squalls and storms/ two cracked leaves still cling on/a surprise to all."

    ReplyDelete
  13. “rainbow cake fairies
    fashionista icons in love
    making a statement”

    I love that. Adorbs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. An entire community in vignette--lovely

    ReplyDelete
  15. A tour-de-force. Rich in imagery. I love the tango.

    ReplyDelete
  16. "you write the words ' in love'
    all it takes to start the heart
    wanting you again"

    I resonate with that so much. These are all impactful in many ways.

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are all wonderful! My favorites are: the tiger lilies and first love

    ReplyDelete