Saturday, 29 February 2020

CARPE DIEM # 1819

moonlight swimming
in the gentle waves
naked in the mallaca straits
young carefree with new boyfriend
(holiday romance)
lanterns a feint shimmer
from the restaurant on the beach
magic






clothes left on the sand
stolen by fishermen collecting crabs
making our way to the restaurant
starkers dripping wet
tim ( still remember his name)
grabbed a white table cloth from an empty table
much to the bemusement of  the diners
wrapped us in it as we scampered laughing
back to the hotel

you are probably a greying grandad now tim
i still have photos of us from that holiday
but i cant for the life of me remember your last name

magical moments
fleeting holiday romance
will never forget








13 comments:

  1. I never had a holiday romance, but I enjoyed yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice haibun, luv the tinge of laughter

    Much❤love

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're an adventurous soul, if this is a true story. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A joyful rendering! Love the way it slips through shadows and laughter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I had me one of dem flingies, ages ago, but it didn't turn out well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You and Tim were a wild pair once upon a time. Wherever Tim is now, he no doubt smiles at the memory! Loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good on you - the way memories are made that sustain us throughout life.

    ReplyDelete
  8. And still fun in the remembrance! Delightfully told.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am glad you had an adventurous past as it is always good to have a chuckle about the fun you once had.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's always a pleasure reminiscing about the adventurous past!💝

    ReplyDelete
  11. Who needs a last name? Tim will did--and did!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh to see two lovers needing the cover of a tablecloth! You aren't the only ones who won't forget :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I knew you had a wild streak in you! Sounds like a fun, nostalgic memory. I like how you made it fit so well in this narrative poem.

    ReplyDelete